ANIC Halal Authority is the legal entity responsible for certification activities; reference to ANIC Halal Authority in this Policy and Public Statement refers to these legal entities.
ANIC Halal Authority Top Management, Managers and Staff fully understand the importance of impartiality in undertaking its Certification Activities. ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY will therefore ensure that in all its dealings with clients or potential clients all employees or other personnel are and will remain impartial and does not allow commercial, financial or other pressures to compromise impartiality, this will also maintain under their contracts and appointment letters. To ensure that impartiality is both maintained and can be demonstrated the following principals have been established.
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY top management always shows commitment to impartiality.
- All of the personnel of ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY (either internal or external) or committees who could influence the certification activities must act impartially.
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY Certificates are only issued following a review by an independent authorized and impartial competent members committee to ensure that no interest shall predominate.
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY does not certify another certification body for its management system certification activities.
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY does not offer (and has never offered) management system consultancy or any other form of consultancy to companies or individuals.
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY does not offer (and has never offered) an internal audit service to companies or individuals.
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY does not own or have any interest (financial or otherwise) in any other company that offers certification, management system consultancy or internal audit services.
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY does not outsource audits to a management system consultancy organization, as this poses an unacceptable threat to the impartiality of the certification body.
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY and or any part of the same legal entity under its organizational control should not:
- a) Be the designer, manufacturer, installer, distributer or maintainer of the certified product;
- b) Be the designer, implementer, operator or maintainer of the certified process;
- c) Be the designer, implementer, provider or maintainer of the certified se
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY identifies all risks to its impartiality on an ongoing basis through past records of their personnel e.g. their experience letters etc . This includes those risks that arise from its certification activities, from its relationships to any company, or from the relationships of its personnel with the clients. Any proposed risks associated with ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY will undergo a risk assessment by the Committee for Impartiality prior to that relationship being formalized.
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY does not have (and will not form) any relationships with companies who offer consultancy, internal audit services or other services that can be construed as having an impact on the certification services provided by ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY. Any proposed relationship between ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY and any other company will undergo a risk assessment by the Committee for Impartiality prior to that relationship being formalized.
- Any current relationships with companies, organizations and individuals will be risk assessed on a regular basis to ensure that the relationship does not impact upon the impartiality of the certification process. The risk assessment will be undertaken by the Committee for Impartiality.
- Individuals employed by or otherwise contracted to ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY are required to document and record their current and past relationships with all companies. Any situation past or present which may present a potential conflict of interest is required by ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY to be declared. ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY will use the information to identify any threats to impartiality and will not use that individual in any capacity unless they can demonstrate that there is no conflict of interest. The risk assessment will be undertaken by the Committee for Impartiality.
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY does not allocate a member of staff or sub-contractor to a management system audit, review and or certification decision where any past relationship has existed. Exceptionally and at the discretion of the Operations Manager or Top Management an individual or subcontractor may be allocated to a management system audit where a past relationship has existed but there has been no relationship for a minimum of 2 years. The risk assessment will be reviewed by the Committee for Impartiality.
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY ensures that activities of separate legal entities, with which the certification body or the legal entity of which it forms a part has relationships, do not compromise the impartiality of its certification ac
- When the separate legal entity offers or produces the certified product (including products to be certified) or offers or provides consultancy, the ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY’s management personnel and personnel in the review and certification decision-making process does not involve in the activities of the separate legal The personnel of the separate legal entity does not involve in the management of the ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY, the review, or the certification decision.
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY does not marketed or offered its activities as linked with the activities of an organization that provides consulta ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY does no state or imply that certification would be simpler, easier, faster or less expensive if a specified consultancy organization were used and will take appropriate legal action should any such link be identified.
- ANIC HALAL AUTHORITY takes appropriate legal action to respond to any risks to its impartiality, arising from the actions of other persons, bodies or organizations, of which it becomes awa
All employees will be reviewed at least annually to ensure that they remain impartial when conducting audits.