What is the procedure of getting a Halal Certificate?
- Complete the “Application for Halal Accreditation Service”.
- Each halal product submission form must be accompanied by related ingredient data sheets. A technical ingredient and specification sheet is required for every ingredient used in the manufacture of the product.
- The ANIC food technologist team assesses suitability and confirms the halal status of the products.
- A halal audit of the premises is conducted by ANIC nominated Halal Auditor, Halal approval is granted upon compliance with all halal requirements by means of a contract between the applicants and ANIC.
- The final stage is the issue of Halal Accreditation Certificate which is valid for one year and subject to renewal thereafter.